Collagen is a naturally occurring complex protein that helps maintain strength and flexibility throughout your body. It accounts for 1 to 2% of muscle tissue and can be found across the board in tendons ligaments and skin. Collagen depletion however is common with aging.
About 5 years ago, after a decade of weightlifting, arthritis that runs in the family, and eating nothing but garbage in my early 20’s, my joints were getting pretty stiff. So I realized I need to do a few things:
- Get my diet in check (still not 100% there)
- Cut down my time in the gym
- Start doing yoga
- Find a joint supplement that works
Over the last couple of years I tried everything but nothing worked until I found hyaluronic acid which I cover in part 1 of this series. Hyaluronic acid was an absolute godsend and at the time the time I wrote the article I thought it was going to be the only thing that worked. That was until I consulted with Joe Cohen who recommended I try collagen.
I originally tried Doctor’s Best Collagen powder and found decent results but it wasn’t until I switched to Neocell tablets that I noticed massive effects that were as powerful as hyaluronic acid. With the two combined I’ve reduced my joint pain and stiffness by at least 70%.
Since then I’ve been taking Collagen every morning like clockwork. It traveled with me to Thailand just so I wouldn’t risk missing a dose. Collagen is up there for me with hyaluronic acid and caffeine as must have supplements no matter where I am in the world. Without the two I probably wouldn’t be able to lift more than once a week without serious stiffness.
Here’s everything you need to know about the drug:
Collagen Types 1 And 3
- Collagen Types 1 & 3 is a legal OTC supplement in North America
- I order all my supplements off iHerb now
- 6 x 1000mg capsules a day
- Neocell Super Collagen Types 1 & 3 (Use my code VDD076 to get $5 off your first iHerb order)
- Bottle last 41 days
- $16.11/250 capsule bottle
- $11.70 per month
- You’ll feel the effects of the drug within 7 days
- About 7 days without taking a pill and your joints will get stiff again
- 70% reduction in joint pain and stiffness combined with hyaluronic acid
- Softer and clearer skin
- Collagen is cheap, effective and has no side effects – the perfect drug
- I would 100% recommend Collagen Types 1 &3 to any guy with joint pain, that and hyaluronic acid will make a massive difference in reducing your joint pain
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. This website does not promote or endorse any illegal use of medication of any kind. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THIS ARTICLE AND/OR ADDITIONAL POSTINGS HEREIN.