Why You Shouldn’t Take A Pickup Bootcamp And What You Should Do Instead
I don’t think a pickup bootcamp is the best use of your time and money.
This isn’t an attack on PUA’s, I’ve got no beef with anybody and I’m a creator not a hater.
However I want my guys to get the best possible information and I’m not a fan of the bootcamp model.
Check out the audio, video and notes below to see why you shouldn’t take a bootcamp and what to do instead:
Why You Shouldn’t Take A Pickup Bootcamp
- $2000, that’s 10 months rent for a mid level place in Chiang Mai
- That’s an entire, fresh new wardrobe
- That’s runway for launching your business
- That’s four years of membership at the gym
- Unless you’re wealthy, you can’t afford to spend $2k on learning to pick up girls
2) Unmanaged Expectations
- Dunning-Kruger effect, states people of low competence unable to recognize people of high competence
- Difficult for low skilled guys to manage expectations – pickup companies play into this
- You’re a sexual salesman, 90% of your results come from your product – you
- The other 10%, at most come from your salesmanship – your game
- Most effective way to get better women is to max out your SMV – however there are genetic limits
- Managed expectations – you get girls in your league, game is the means to do that, that’s all
3) Unneccesary, Unnatural And Often Counterproductive Theories, Techniques And Mindsets
- Overly aggressive techniques that might get your ass kicked
- Mechanical routines/gambits (some companies still teach this stuff)
- Outdated evo/psych-theory (rehashed year 2k Mystery Method stuff)
- Negative views on women
- Overemphasis on structuring life around getting laid/being a PUA
4) Overemphasis On Night Game
- The night club is the worst place to get laid – yet the focus of most bootcamps
- Day game or online game are much more efficient and yield better results
- With increasing prevalence of online game, cold approach is not even necessary to build a harem
5) Not Adressing Students’ Core Issues/Problems With Women
- Success with women is base on habits, lifestyle and SMV – and these things take time
- Conversation, timing, social EQ, dressing well, fitness – all major factors not helped in a weekend
- If you’re broke, jobless, overweight and living in mom’s basement – that needs to be addressed first
- Bootcamp high – creates illusion of progress from fighting fear but short lived
- Serious training means lifestyle/mental issues need to be seriously addressed
As always there are always exceptions:
If you’re a wealthy, well adjusted guy in decent health, in your early 30’s who who has money to blow, and you only have one or two sticking points – go for it.
If you just want to go out with some guys who are really good and just need a bit of tweaking and a push to approach go for it.
For everyone else here’s what you should do instead:
What You Should Do Instead
1) Make Use Of Free Information
- There is an absolute wealth of free information these days, you can start with my women section
- Especially important if you’re young and money is tight
- Watch Youtube Videos, read articles, get in shape, get your style together and approach
- If you’re consistent you can get everything you need for free
2) Hire Someone Who Is Local, Legit And Reasonable
- That means a good looking guy, with good, legit content who charges $100/$200/hr
- You also want a guy who will manage your expectations – not sell you a dream
- Hire him for an hour or two to tighten up your game/sticking points
- Do this only after you’ve committed to a lifestyle of getting women
- Just like you only hire a trainer after you’ve committed to a lifestyle of fitness
- Then maybe check in again six months later with new problems/progress
Join The Revolution
Subscribe now and get instant access to the latest, cutting edge tips on mind, body, spirit, money, women and lifestyle. And as an added bonus you also get a free chapter from each of my four books: How To Get Organized, How To Sell, How To Fuck Women Properly and How To Get Laid On Tinder. Just enter your email below and step your game up today.
Thank you for subscribing.