How To Fight Hair Loss With Kirkland Minoxidil
Kirkland Minoxidil is an OTC medication used in the treatment of androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness. Minoxidil was the first FDA approved treatment for baldness under the tradename Rogaine. Minoxidil has been clinically effective not just in treating hair loss but in some cases it has been proven to regrow hair.
Minoxidil is a nitric oxide agonist that works by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles. Minoxidil is most effective on young guys with less than five years of hair loss. Minoxidil was originally approved for central vertex hair loss only but anecdotally has been shown to work on the whole head. I wish I knew this when I was in my early 20’s when my dermatologist discouraged me from using Minixodil because I was receding from the front instead of the crown.
Hair Loss is caused through a reaction between the follicle and DHT or Dihydrotestosterone, a hormone responsible for muscle growth and libido among other things. The hairs on the side and back of your head are resistant to DHT, but in the case of male pattern baldness, the hairs at the front and crown of your head are susceptible to DHT.
Minoxidil doesn’t effect DHT in the way Finasteride would and can be used in combination with a DHT-blocker like Propecia. I should caution you, that many guys who have used Finasteride notice sexual side effects, myself included so I can’t fully recommend the drug to you as part of your hair loss protocol. With that said Minoxidil is extremely safe as proven by the fact that you no longer need a prescription for it.
In this day and age there is no excuse not to be fighting back against hair loss, here’s exactly what you need to know:
- Minoxidil is an OTC drug in North America
- In the U.S. you can use Amazon which has the best prices
- As a Canadian, Amazon won’t ship the 5% solution but Ebay will
- 2 ml per day
- The bottle advises you to split up the dosage but I do the full 2 ml in the morning because I can’t rely on remembering to dose every night before bed
- Despite what you read on the label, dosing twice a day is not necessary as long as you make sure your hair doesn’t get wet in the first 7 hours or so
- Kirkland Lake Generic Minoxidil 5% Topical Solution
- This is a 6 month supply in 60 ml, 2 ounce bottles which you administer with a dropper
- $24.88 USD for a 6 month supply, or $4.15 per month
- It should take about 4 months for you to notice any positive effects
- 1 day
- I’ve noticed small amounts of hair growth along the hairline
- My hairloss has stopped since I started using Minoxidil 8 months ago or at least has slowed to the extent that its no longer noticeable each month
- I noticed an Itchy head for the first few weeks of use
- The solution is greasy, this is why some guys prefer to put it on before bed, once I buzzed my head that was no longer a problem for me
- In a lot of instances, guys will shed, meaning for the first few months they will lose hair because Minoxidil, when first used, will usually cause follicles in the telogen phase to shed, which are then replaced by thicker hairs in a new anagen phase
- Don’t expect a ton of regrowth but expect a drug that will prevent or at least slow down your hair loss
- The positive effects are massive, the cost is dirt cheap and side effects are almost non existent
- I would absolutely recommend Generic Minoxidil for every guy with male pattern baldness
- I would also recommend this drug for guys who aren’t balding, the majority of men will have to deal with male pattern baldness at some point in their lives, I think its much better to be able to prevent it in advance
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. This website does not promote or endorse any illegal use of medication of any kind. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THIS ARTICLE AND/OR ADDITIONAL POSTINGS HEREIN.
Join The Revolution
Subscribe now and get instant access to the latest, cutting edge tips on mind, body, spirit, money, women and lifestyle. And as an added bonus you also get a free chapter from each of my four books: How To Get Organized, How To Sell, How To Fuck Women Properly and How To Get Laid On Tinder. Just enter your email below and step your game up today.
Thank you for subscribing.