How To Get Stronger With Creatine
Creatine is a natuarlly occuring organic acid that helps to supply energy to all cells in the body, primarily muscle. Creatine does this by increasing the amount of adenosine triphosphate or ATP in the body. Your body uses ATP as fuel during short-duration exercises involving muscular contraction like weight lifting or sprinting. Supplementing with Creatine works by increasing the amount of fuel you have for high intensity exercise for about 10 seconds. Just long enough to get off a bench press set to fatigue.
Creatine is the most studied bodybuilding supplements, one of the safest, is legal and most importantly it actually works. Creatine is in fact the only OTC supplement that works when it comes to building muscle. Everything else is worthless. Also don’t fuck around with other types of Creatine, they’re junk, micronized Creatine using Creapure technology is what you want.
I’ve cycled Creatine three times in the past before I was reached my natural genetic potential. The first cycle for 3 months, the second for 2 months and the third I had to cut short after two weeks. The first cycle I gained about 7 pounds, the second cycle I gained the same but had to stop after 2 months from kidney pain. The third cycle I stopped after 2 weeks from kidney pain.
I have sensitive kidneys and you probably won’t have to worry about it but you should know that there can be some side effects before you start. With that said if you do feel kidney pain, just cut the cycle short, I had no lasting damage from taking Creatine.
The way to cycle Creatine is to take 5 grams daily in a carb-based drink for better absorption. Some guys will advocate overloading Creatine off the start to build up reserves but this is unnecessary, you’ll be fine with 5 grams a day.
The Creatine will kick in fully in about 7 days, you’ll know when you start to carry about 7 lbs. of water weight. This is the major downside of being on Creatine, it gives you that bloated look so I would suggest doing a Creatine cycle on a bulk during the winter months. This is not a pool party supplement. Carrying all that excess water weight makes your kidneys work harder as well. So even if you feel great three months in I would still cycle off and give your kidneys a break.
- Creatine is an OTC supplement and is easily available
- You can order Creatine from iHerb or pick it up directly in your local bodybuilding store
- 5 grams a day
- Allmax Micronized Creatine which uses Creapure technology (Use my code VDD076 to get $5 off your first iHerb order)
- $19.99/1000 Grams
- 3-5 days
- 5-7 days
- I feel it takes about 5-7 days to clear out of your system fully, I judge this by when I drop the excess water weight
- Big strength increases in the gym
- Good increases in muscular size (prior to reaching your genetic max), for me about 7 lbs. of muscle over a 3 month period
- Bloating with about 5 to 7 lbs. of water weight
- Joint pain and stiffness if you don’t drink tons of water
- Kidney pain, most likely from carrying excess water weight
- I would definitely recommend a 2 to 3 month Creatine cycle to natural trainees with healthy kidneys who are looking to bulk up
- You can expect consistent strength increases in the gym for about two months as well as increases in muscular size
- With that said if you feel any discomfort in your kidneys I would stop taking Creatine immediately
- Once you come off Creatine you can expect to lose half the strength gains but keep most of the muscle you put on if you aren’t at your genetic max
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. This website does not promote or endorse any illegal use of medication of any kind. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THIS ARTICLE AND/OR ADDITIONAL POSTINGS HEREIN.
Join The Revolution
Subscribe now and get instant access to the latest, cutting edge tips on mind, body, spirit, money, women and lifestyle. And as an added bonus you also get a free chapter from each of my four books: How To Get Organized, How To Sell, How To Fuck Women Properly and How To Get Laid On Tinder. Just enter your email below and step your game up today.
Thank you for subscribing.