How To Feel Calmer With Theanine
Theanine is an amino acid analogue of the proteinogenic amino acids L-glutamate and L-glutamine and is found primarily in particular plant and fungal species. It was discovered as a constituent of green tea in 1949 and in 1950. Blocks the reuptake of glutamate and glutamine and increases serotonin, dopamine, GABA and glycine levels in the brain.
In my experience, Theanine is most similar to phenibut, a powerful GABA agonist. And for a number of years I slept of theanine in favor of just taking the more powerful and more fun – Phenibut.
However in my quest for a daily stack I pulled theanine back out of the cupboard and gave it a try as part of my weekday stack, and I’ve been impressed enough to put a review together.
- Theanine is legal and easy to order online
- I recommend powdercity for the cheapest prices or iHerb for the most reliable order
- 100 mg to 200 mg per day once or twice per day
- 30 capsules for $4.97
- Within an hour, especially if taken on an empty stomach
- About four hours
- Calm – probably a more pure calm then any drug I’ve tried including phenibut
- 20% reduction in negative thoughts, anxiety that come with caffeine
- Can be taken up to 5 times a week without withdrawal or major tolerance issues as opposed to phenibut
- Does not come with happy/recreational vibe as opposed to phenibut – which makes it easier to work
- Works synergistically with caffeine/very good at taking the edge off of caffeine pills
- Very cheap, cheap enough I didn’t even bother to set up an affiliate commission
- Approx 7% energy decrease then if just taking pure caffeine, and as opposed to phenibut which gives you more energy
- Mood lift is not as strong or as fun as phenibut (not good as a recreational supplement)
- Approx 7-10% drop in sharpness/alertness, cognitive function not impaired, but alertness/reaction time/killer instinct are all toned down
- Theanine is subtle, but effective, I regret sleeping on it for the last few years
- Good for keeping you calm during your business day/dealing with headaches at work
- Great as a weekday substitute for phenibut, it takes the edge off caffeine but is better for functional work and you can take it 5 times a week whereas phenibut you shouldn’t be taking more than twice (phenibut withdrawal is serious business)
- Has become part of my weekday stack with caffeine in the morning combined with 5 htp and magnesium at night (have dropped the L Dopa) and phenibut on weekends (without 5 htp or theanine to give the receptors a break)
- Definitely recommend it for anyone looking to feel calmer, especially to take the edge off caffeine
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. This website does not promote or endorse any illegal use of medication of any kind. NO LIABILITY WILL BE ASSUMED FOR THE USE OF THIS ARTICLE AND/OR ADDITIONAL POSTINGS HEREIN.
Join The Revolution
Subscribe now and get instant access to the latest, cutting edge tips on mind, body, spirit, money, women and lifestyle. And as an added bonus you also get a free chapter from each of my four books: How To Get Organized, How To Sell, How To Fuck Women Properly and How To Get Laid On Tinder. Just enter your email below and step your game up today.
Thank you for subscribing.